It’s probably the weirdest puzzle in philosophy: do humans really have free will? (Spoiler alert: I won’t be resolving the matter here.) It certainly feels as if we do: at the supermarket, as I reach for some cheddar, it’s surely up to me to suddenly change plans and go for wensleydale instead. Yet this seems […]Continue Reading ...
If you liked my post “The century of deceit – Revealing the abuse of psychology in promoting consumerism” you will find this article written by Zen Gardner interesting too. Go to article hereContinue Reading ...
A neuro-imaging study shows that personal values people refuse to disavow, even when offered cash, are processed differently in the brain than those values that are willingly sold. The experiment found that the realm of the sacred — whether a strong religious belief, national identity or code of ethics — is a distinct cognitive process, […]Continue Reading ...
Read the article in ZerohedgeContinue Reading ...
Interesting lecture by neuroscientist Todd Murphy. He discusses the hypothesis about what happens in the brain when the person attains enlightenment. Worth watching!Continue Reading ...
War is the stupidest way of solving human conflicts. I have heard people saying that war is a good solution when nothing else works, but how did we get there in the first place? We tend to endure too much and in the end we explode. Why? Is that a part of our evolutional […]Continue Reading ...
Psychology of obedience and war! War is the stupidest way of solving human conflicts. I have heard people saying that war is a good solution when nothing else works, but how did we get there in the first place? We tend to endure too much and in the end we explode. Why? Is that a […]Continue Reading ...
12 things that many people think but wouldn’t have the guts to say. We all think things we don’t say. And usually that’s wise, but here’s a safe place to consider what might happen if you did. Here are 11 things that many people think but don’t say. As a thought experiment, ask yourself whether […]Continue Reading ...
By Nataša Many people today are not even close to being aware of the scope of use of psychological knowledge by promoters of consumerist societies to inspire us to buy products we don’t need, to do certain things and to have certain opinions. Psychology has been purposely used and abused by corporations and politicians to […]Continue Reading ...
New research reveals what happens in a wandering mind—and sheds light on the cognitive and emotional benefits of increased focus… Read the article hereContinue Reading ...
A single dose of drugs used to treat depression can alter brain’s structure only within hours, German researchers have uncovered… Read article hereContinue Reading ...
Is Your Mind Too Full To Be Happy? Three practical areas in which to unclutter your mind Published on September 6, 2014 by Andrea F. Polard, Psy.D. in A Unified Theory of Happiness These days, mindfulness — defined by neuroscientist of Harvard University Britta Hölzel as “the non-judgmental awareness of experiences in the present moment”  – attracts many people […]Continue Reading ...
“In 1984, George Orwell paints a picture of a dark, gray world. People are afraid to say anything contrary to the official party line, and surveillance is universal. Even thinking contrary to the party is a crime, and thoughtcrimes may be treated by radical psychological intervention. Information is closely controlled by the party media, and […]Continue Reading ...
Search by category:
- Zašto su neke zemlje bogate a neke siromašne? U svijetu trenutno ima 196 zemalja. Najbogatijih 25 zem... 0.81 views per day
- Mind Control Theories and Techniques used by Mass Media Source: Vigilantcitizen Programming Through Mass Media... 0.38 views per day
- The Century of Deceit – Revealing the Abuse of Psychology in Promoting Consumerism By Nataša Many people today are not... 0.35 views per day
- Vrijeme promjena i kako ostati normalan u nenormalnom sistemu? Napisala Nataša Iz dana u dan ovaj svijet pos... 0.33 views per day
- Grlite drveće i bolje ćete se osjećati – i to ne samo zato što ćete sami sebi biti smiješni! Prije par godina sam prvi put čula za iscjeliteljske mo... 0.27 views per day
- Miholjsko ljeto u čarobnoj šumi Napisala Nataša Jedan od najboljih načina da se opus... 0.25 views per day
- Na selu smo pronašli sebe Napisao Nenad Blagojević 0.20 views per day
- Poslije svega ostaje ljubav Danas sam bila na godišnici smrti jedne veoma drage oso... 0.13 views per day
- Once Upon a Time in Balkans – Lessons From Yugoslav War Once upon a time there was this amazing land, placed on... 0.12 views per day
- Magic Mushrooms Finally Being Accepted As Viable Treatment For Depression Source: 0.11 views per day
- Dokumentarni film “Thrive” – šta znamo i ne znamo o našem društvu? "Thrive" je nekonvencionalni dokumentarni film koji pok... 0.11 views per day
- Psychology of obedience! Psychology of obedience and war! Wa... 0.11 views per day
- Grbava staza iskrene spoznaje Napisao 0.09 views per day
- Sezona šipka Jesen je prepuna plodova koji su puni vitamina i koje u... 0.08 views per day
- Brainwashing versus Education: The West Spreads “Intellectual Idiocy” This is a well written article and pretty realistic obs... 0.08 views per day
Once upon a time there was this amazing land, placed on mountainous Balkan Peninsula, called Yugoslavia, built on ideas of brotherhood, equality and sharing. I grew up there living together side by side with many cultures and religions. I had wonderful childhood.
“First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out because I was not a socialist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.”
"Let me not prey to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them."